- EPIX announces appointment of new Vice President of Claims, Sarah Scheib.
- 2019 EPIX Courses: Sepsis and Chest Pain
- EPIX Extra is one stop for all your insurance needs.
- Staffing needs? EPIX’s partner WorkforceMD can connect you to dedicated, experienced providers. (Click here to read more.)
- EPIX Annual Meeting is planned for September 19, 2019 in Orlando, FL. (Click here to read more.)
EPIX EMAIL ALERT
Are you Violating EMTALA?
By Dr. Stephen Colucciello
Reviewed by Dr. R. A. Bitterman
EMTALA, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act. We all know the law, and as emergency providers we know we should do a medical screening exam (MSE) and not refuse appropriate transfers, but beyond that, most of us don't think about EMTALA very often. After all, we've got the MSEs and transfers down, so why should we?
Many of us do not realize that EMTALA covers other aspects of emergency care that we face every day. It is likely that some of you reading this article frequently violate this law. How? Keep reading... (Read More)
THE EPIX DIFFERENCE
|"EPIX has been our Liability Insurance carrier from day one. We, as five Emergency Medicine Physicians, started an Urgent Care group in 2012 and since then EPIX has nicely complemented our needs and growth. EPIX not only offers WORLD CLASS customer service but also provides outstanding CME for our physicians, APPs and RNs. Transparency of business is added value and highly cost effective premiums are most desirable for our Urgent Care practice.|
We are proud to have EPIX as our PARTNER! " Read More
Tanvir M Dara, MD, FACP, FACEP
BetterMed Urgent Care